TV’s Top Earners: Who Makes What
Never mind the Chicken Little naysayers bemoaning America’s current economic “crisis.” There’s plenty of money to go around—if you’re a TV star.
TV Guide releases its list of highest-paid performers in television Thursday, bringing comfort to all of us who’ve been worried about the fiscal well-being of our favorite celebrities. Among the top boob-tube earners:
- Charlie Sheen takes in a whopping $825,000 per episode of Two and a Half Men. (That’s before Denise Richards’ lawyers get done with it, of course.)
- CSI’s William Petersen uncovers $600,000 for every episode of the crime drama.
- Mariska Hargitay of Law & Order: SVU rings up $400,000 per ep. (That’s $200,000 per breast!)
- Thanks to a recently inked deal with 20th Century Fox Television, Family Guy creator Seth MacFarlane is $100 million richer.
- The Simpsons’ voice actors rake in $400,000 per episode, without ever having to show their faces.
- American Idol judge Simon Cowell picks up $50 million per year for acting like an insufferable jerk, and earns every penny of it.
It’s a wonderful country!