‘Out’ Compiles the 100 Gayest Albums of All Time
National gay mag Out has compiled its “100 Gayest Albums (of All Time)” list.
The publication noted, “To create our list…we polled more than 100 actors, comedians, musicians, writers, critics, performance artists, label reps, and DJs, asking each to list the 10 albums that left the most indelible impressions on their lives.”
So keep in mind that the albums chosen were submitted by noted gay personalities and industry professionals, but not all the artists on the list are actually gay.
That said, Katy Perry still failed to make the cut. Below are the top 10:
1. David Bowie, The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars
2. The Smiths, The Smiths
3. Tracy Chapman, Tracy Chapman
4. Indigo Girls, Indigo Girls
5. Judy Garland, Live at Carnegie Hall
6. The Smiths, The Queen Is Dead
7. Elton John, Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
8. Madonna, The Immaculate Collection
9. Cyndi Lauper, She’s So Unusual
10. Antony and the Johnsons, I’m Am a Bird Now