Where the Stars Are at Sundance
It’s the 25th year for Robert Redford’s fledgling film festival turned juggernaut, Sundance.
Park City, Utah, is more crowded by the second with luminaries. Uma Thurman, Matthew McConaughey, Jim Carrey and Ewan McGregor have already arrived, with plenty more star wattage expected.
Celebuzz has the lowdown on where all your favorite celebs will be promoting, swagging, dining, partying and even sweating it out:
- Park City’s quaint Main Street will play host to dozens of venues this year, one main area of traffic being the Sundance Lift. The Lift will feature press conference and hospitality space sponsored by Entertainment Weekly magazine, a star bar by Stella Atrois, all-day restaurant and cafe by MySpace and late-night debauchery by Tao.
- Village at the Yard, a lumberyard converted into another huge area of bold-named commerce, will feature gifting in the day from Fred Segal Fun as well as treats by the TMobile G1 Cafe, a huge opening night party Friday evening and a welcome new addition in the “G Gym,” which will feature machines, yoga, Pilates and training from Gunnar Peterson (Jennifer Lopez, Angelina Jolie).
- While movies are certainly the focal point, even famous people are football fans. ESPN and DIRECTV will host a viewing party for the AFC/NFC Championships at landmark bar Harry O’s.
- The brass at Island Def Jam bring you the House of Hype. Another epicenter of gifting and partying, the Hype attracts movie and music talent with their ultra lounge and a special Sunday brunch with Chef Michael Leclerc.
- Hollywood Life magazine opens their doors once again for A-list guests to indulge in swag from Conair and Onitsuka Tiger, followed by nightlife programs from Hard Rock Hotel and a web cafe from Mail.com.
- NYC Hotspot Marquee comes to Sundace with one goal—to rock. EA’s Rock Band has partnered with the club for celebrity gifting and major jam sessions. Marquee will also host festival entry parties like Nick Cannon’s Killing Room.
- Barclay Butera presents an exclusive, super-luxe showroom of amazing design, as well as playing host to Martin Scorsese and Alec Baldwin’s baby Lymelife.
- Gibson Guitars will open a lounge for any old star to come strum or whale while the Associated Press snaps stars in an official portrait studio.
- LRG returns to Main Street’s Sidecar Bar for a gifting lounge with XBox and Sony Playstation titles from EA and Casio G-Shock watches to be scored by Dave Annable and T.I.