NKOTB Announce Spring Tour Dates
Last year New Kids on the Block fans rejoiced after hearing news they probably never thought would come—that the seminal boy band were reuniting after 14 years for a new album and a world tour.
In September, NKOTB released their latest LP The Block and kicked off their New Kids on the Block: Live world tour, featuring Natasha Bedingfield and fashionable chart topper Lady GaGa as opening acts on their American dates.
But while the international leg of the tour was originally slated to end on February 5 in Dusseldorf, Germany, the band have announced 13 more North American dates for spring.
Celebuzz has learned exclusively from the band that the next round in the tour will hit cities in Ohio, Iowa, Wisconsin, Illinois, California and Canada.
Check out the exclusive Celebuzz gallery of 20 plus photos of the New Kids preparing to retake America!
Below is the full listing of the New Kids' spring concerts, along with the dates tickets go on sale:
- Thu 4/2/09 Moline, IA—iWireless Center (10 a.m., Saturday Jan. 31)
- Fri 4/3/09 Columbus, OH—Nationwide Center (10 a.m., Saturday Jan. 31)
- Sat 4/4/09 Grand Rapids, MI—Van Andel Arena (10 a.m., Saturday Jan. 31)
- Sun 4/5/09 Champaign, IL—Assembly Hall (10 a.m., Saturday Jan. 31)
- Mon 4/6/09 Des Moines, IA—Wells Fargo Arena (10 a.m., Saturday Jan. 31)
- Tue 4/7/09 Green Bay, WI—Resch Center (Noon, Saturday Jan. 31)
- Thu 4/9/09 Winnipeg, MB—MTS Center (10 a.m., Saturday Jan. 31)
- Sat 4/11/09 Saskatoon, SK—Credit Union Centre (Noon, Saturday Jan. 31)
- Mon 4/13/09 Kelowna, BC—Prospera Place (10 a.m., Saturday Jan. 31)
- Tue 4/14/09 Victoria, BC—Sav-On Memorial Center (10 a.m., Saturday Jan. 31st)
- Thu 4/16/09 Reno, NV—Reno Events Center (TBD)
- Fri 4/17/09 Santa Barbara, CA—Santa Barbara Bowl (11 a.m., Saturday Jan. 31)
- Sat 4/18/09 Los Angeles, CA—Palladium (10 a.m., Saturday Jan.31)
A full decade before *NSync and the Backstreet Boys struck pop gold, Jonathan Knight, Jordan Knight, Joey McIntyre, Donnie Wahlberg and Danny Wood racked up 80 million record sales worldwide throughout the late '80s and early '90s.
They hit the top of the U.S. album chart twice, and conquered the Billboard Hot 100 three times, with "I'll Be Loving You (Forever)," "Hangin' Tough" and "Step By Step."
Did you relive some high school memories by catching the Kids on their recent tour? Let us know how the poptastic fivesome were the second time around below!