Tracy Morgan: “Even The Fish Are OK”

Tracy Morgan has released the following statement through his management, regarding his apartment fire:

“A fire broke out in my Manhattan apartment this morning, apparently starting with a lamp attached to my fish tank.  The sprinklers promptly activated and the NYFD came by to make sure it was contained.  Fortunately, the fire did not spread and no one in the building was injured — even the fish are okay. My thanks to the New York Fire Department for their quick action.”


TMZ reporte earlier that the blaze was sparked when a light bulb in one of Morgan’s fish tanks broke. Fortunately, all of the fish survived the incident, but the question remains: How does a fish tank catch on fire? Aren’t the things filled with water?


Tracy Morgan’s day isn’t off to a particularly funny start.

OK! Magazine reports that the 30 Rock star’s New York apartment—located in the ritzy Trump Place building on Manhattan’s Riverside Drive—was extensively damaged in a blaze early this morning.

Though there are no reports of injuries so far, a source says that most, if not all, of the possessions in his apartment were destroyed in the blaze. (Hopefully, that doesn’t include the SAG Award he recently scored.)

The fire also reportedly spread to neighboring buildings. So far the full extent of the damage has not been determined.