Celebuzz Reviews Paranormal Activity!
Unless you've been living under a rock or hiding in a box in the attic, you've heard about the low-budget thriller Paranormal Activity. The flick has been a consistently popular trending topic on Twitter over the last week, and critics and moviegoers alike agree that this movie is insanely scary!
It even rattled actor Tyrese, who tweeted after the movie "EVERYONE LISTEN TO ME OK... PARANORMAL ACTIVITY IS THE SCaRIEST SH*T I'VE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE.. Where's my bible ??" and "was so scary I just walked home in the rain.. cause I didn't wanna be in any inclosed areas.."
Naturally, we had to check out what all the fuss was about! Celebuzz caught a late screening last night, along with a packed house of curious people of all ages. The premise of the movie is as follows: a young couple is dealing with a demonic presence in their San Diego home and try to solve the mystery by videotaping their bedroom as they sleep at night. What we see on the big screen is the "real" documentary footage of what actually happened, and we couldn't believe our eyes.
This movie isn't gory or bloody. It's downright CREEPY and SHOCKING. When the credits rolled, no one even moved. No one was even talking. No joke. We didn't sleep well last night, to say the least!
So do we recommend this movie? Absolutely...it was one of the scariest movies we've seen—ever! And half the fun of the movie was seeing it with a packed crowd of people who were just as freaked out as us!
For those of you who've already seen the film (congrats for surviving), check out our Celebuzz demon survival guide:
1. At least TRY to get out of the house. I don't care how many times the creepy 'Ghost Hunter' guy tells you leaving your haunted abode won't make a difference... see how many doors a demon can slam on you when you're in the middle of the street. I dare you.
2. We don't care that its 95 degrees in San Diego in the fall. Sleeping with just a sheet as a cover is asking for trouble. Instead of throwing the pillows and duvet/comforter on the floor every night before bed, try PILING on the layers. Takes longer for a demon to lift.
3. USE SALT! This may be the most important rule of all. Talc is for drying a body off after showering... not for keeping demons at bay. HAVE YOU SEEN HOCUS POCUS!?
4. Ask your significant other if demons have been stalking them BEFORE you move in together. If they really love you, they'll tell you the truth. If you really love them, it won't matter. HA!
5. Get fat. The heavier you are, the harder it is for demons to drag you from your bed. Everybody knows that, COME ON!
6. If the first demonologist you find is out of town that week, find another one. Google it, fool!
7. Shut your bedroom door before you sleep. I get that catching a demon on camera in the hallway is all exciting and stuff, but seriously.... LOCK THE DOORS!! Demons don't know how to use keys, that's practically public knowledge.
8. Put Britney Spears' 'Circus' album on repeat and crank up the speakers. If she can keep Megan Fox from dying in a plane crash, she can save you from a silly demon. Oh you silly demon, you!
9. Stock up on extra film tape.
10. Do a Bella in Book 4. Accept your fate and allow the demon to take control of your body, mind and soul. It's your destiny.