Richard Heene's Former Colleague Says Balloon Boy Incident Was a Hoax

Richard Heene's Former Colleague Says Balloon Boy Incident Was a Hoax-photo

Looks like Richard Heene's credibility is floating away faster than a Mylar balloon in the Colorado breeze.

Robert Thomas, a former business partner of Heene—who last week sent the nation into a panic by claiming that his six-year-old son, Falcon, was trapped in a balloon floating high above the ground—appeared on the Today show on Tuesday morning to give his take on the incident.

Thomas' verdict? Yup, it was a hoax.

Thomas, who worked with Heene on a reality-TV proposal, claims that his former partner had been planning a UFO-related publicity stunt for some months—and when the Balloon Boy story first broke, he knew exactly who the culprit was:

"The first thing that came to my mind, was, 'Who could possibly do this? It has to be Richard Heene.'"

Check out the video here and share your opinion in the comments section: Is Richard Keene just misunderstood, or is he a low-down, dirty, rotten fraud?

 

Discuss

Default avatar
 
celebuzz