Celebrities Help Us Understand How To Save the Planet on Earth Day
Happy Earth Day Celebuzz friends, foes and lovers. As celebrity enthusiasts, if we’ve learned anything on this day devoted to our beautiful planet, it’s that it doesn’t take Brangelina-sized steps to make a difference.
Some of our favorite celebs took to their blogs to share their eco-friendly tips and what actions they’re taking to stay green.
Nicole Richie gave us the ultimate Earth Day gift — the unveiling on her blog of her true identity, Captain Planet. We totally knew it all along. The Captain herself also shared eight eco-friendly suggestions,
1.Carry your own reusable containers to restaurants to bring home your leftovers.
2. Avoid buying bottled water and get a reusable bottle instead.
3. Use biodegradable alternatives to plastic (cups, utensils, plates, bags).
4. Compost all of your table scraps and leftover food — it all goes back into the earth.
5. Ride your bike if you’re traveling within two miles of your house (1 pound of CO2 pollution is cut for every mile pedaled).
6. Eat less meat and eat more local and organic foods.
7. My personal favorite: Turn things you might throw away into art projects for your kids — for instance, you can turn a baby food jar into a snow globe.
I’m currently in the process of kicking my butt into shape, and biking is a fun and healthy way to do that. Biking isn’t only good for me though, it’s good for the environment as well. By biking instead of driving, less gas is being released into the atmosphere, and even though I’m only one person, every little bit helps (imagine if we ALL rode bikes). […] I think I would bike a lot more if I didn’t want to bring lil hank with me everywhere LOL. I can’t wait til he’s big enough to ride around with me in one of those little seats on the back. Then I’ll DEFINITELY be riding my bike everywhere!
Just because you and I won’t be here forever, doesn’t mean we shouldn’t do what we can while we are here to make sure our kids, our kids’ kids and generations down the line can see the world as we see it now. I want Mason to be able to see all the beautiful places I’ve seen :) There are so many things you can do today, and every day, to be green! Whether it’s turning the water off while you brush your teeth, reusing your shopping bags, riding your bike instead of driving, turn the lights of when you leave a room (I’m reallllyyy OCD about this) or planting a tree in your garden! We all planted a vegetable garden at mom’s house last year!
In celebration of Earth Day, I thought it would be fun to create a list of my top five SEXIEST eco-friendly celebrities. I have SO much respect and admiration for these people and all the hard work they do!!! They set such a good example for all of us.
1. Leonardo Dicaprio
2. Ed Norton
3. Natalie Portman
4. Orlando Bloom
5. Cameron DiazFor celebrities that are all already hot, doesn’t their devotion to the environment make them even hotter?!? LOL.