'Real Housewife' Teresa Giudice $11 Million In Debt
Shock of shocks: one of the spend-happy women from The Real Housewives of New Jersey is in debt. A lot of debt.
Real Housewife star Teresa Giudice filed bankruptcy papers with her husband Joe last week that reveal that the couple owes nearly $11 million in various debts.
Although the two only earn $79,000 a year between the two of them, they are often featured on the show spending big and bragging about their supposedly wealthy status. In the past season of the show they built a banquet hall-sized mansion and Teresa got implants. In one episode she spent $2,000 on clothes in a 10-minute shopping spree.
Their list of debts show the markings of a lifestyle that they simply could not afford. From PopEater:
• The bank has moved to foreclose on their $1.8 million home in Towaco, NJ.
• Banks have taken their Jersey Shore house along with another home in Lincoln Park, NJ.
• Teresa owes $12,000 to a fertility clinic.
• They've defaulted on payments for their Escalade.
• Joe personally owes $5 million to former partners of real estate deals.
The papers also reveal that the two get $1,000 a month in "assistance" from "family members." Sounds like a nice family.
We wonder if any of their financial troubles will be featured on the show.