Celebuzz Celebrates Earth Day 2011 with the Greenest Celebrities (PHOTOS)
Meanwhile, what can you do at home to cut down your personal impact on the planet? Here are 5 super easy steps you can take today to reduce, reuse and recycle:
1) Unplug electronics when not in use.
2) Buy a reusable water bottle rather than disposable ones. Likewise, carry groceries in a reusable bag rather than paper or plastic.
3) Replace standard light bulbs with compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs).
4) The recycle bin holds more than paper and soda cans! Reading glasses, old prescription bottles, batteries, printers, ink cartridges, tennis shoes, flip flops, carpet, cell phones and many other electronics can be recycled too.
5) Donate old clothes and toys — or sell them on eBay — instead of tossing them.