Why Did Jennifer Lopez & Marc Anthony Split? Here is the Latest…
Here is a roundup of everything out right now about why things supposedly fell apart. It seems that most are Team JLo:
- The couple was “nonstop arguing” in the months leading up to the decision to split
- People reports: “There were issues on a movie set, envy on the American Idol stage, and times that Lopez feared her husband wasn’t faithful.”
- US Weekly also reports that “multiple sources” say Anthony had “at least one extra-marital affair in 2009.”
- Marc had a “compulsion to control everything” in Jennifer’s life, both in business and personal settings
- US recalls Marc’s behavior during JLo’s Style Icon of the Decade cover shoot: “He would make her feel terrible about herself if she wanted to wear something sexy…He likes her to dress in a demure, ‘wife’ style. He hated the fact that she was a sex symbol.”
- E! also notes Anthony’s “jealousy” issues. “She put up with—and kept putting up with—Marc’s controlling ways, which had been going on for a long time, and she was really trying to make the best of it.”
- Ben Affleck supposedly is helping JLo
Now for the few sources speaking out on Marc’s behalf:
- People: Anthony insider disputes infidelity claims and maintains he supported her career. “They started to see life differently,” says source.
- E! claims jealousy issues went both ways and that Jennifer was “uncomfortable” with Marc’s relationship with ex Dayanara Torres
What do you think Celebuzz readers? We sure see the words “control” and “jealous” pop up in the various reports out there. Don’t think Marc Anthony looking upbeat and joking about being single is exactly helping his case, either.