Quirky Style Showdown: 'Glee' Character Rachel Berry vs. Zooey Deschanel (PHOTOS)
If Lea Michele's Glee character Rachel Berry walked the red carpet, we think there'd be some style crossovers between her and New Girl star Zooey Deschanel.
Zooey and the character of Rachel have such similar fashion statements that one may wonder if the 500 Days of Summer star has a side job of styling the Glee cast. From knee-highs and tights to headbands and bows, these two have mastered the quirky-preppy style.
So throw on some argyle, polka dots and/or stripes, and check out our style showdown between Rachel Berry and the real-life fashionista Zooey. Who do you think dons this look best: Rachel or Zooey? Cast your vote in the poll and play fashion critic to these quirky characters in the comments!
Zooey, 31, recently commented on her trademark style, admitting to Allure magazine's February issue: "I'm bangs and eyes. It's who I am. There have been periods when I've grown my bangs out, but I always cut them back, so it's like, why go through the trouble?"
So how can you snag Rachel and/or Zooey's look? It's probably one of the easier styles to obtain. Here's some key pieces we would suggest:
- Cardigan- This is a key piece to achieve a preppy look, and an affordable one as well. If you're really thrifty, you can spot a cardigan for under $25 like this one from Forever 21. Though this one is floral and very Rachel-esque, solid colors are probably best if you're looking to mix and match.
- Tights and/or knee-high socks - Zooey rarely dons the red carpet without a pair of tights and Rachel Berry wouldn't dare pair her school skirts and oxfords with anything but tights or knee-high socks.
- Headbands- Simple headbands can dress up an outfit instantly and can be found at most drug stores. (note, Rachel wrote a song on Glee titled "My Headband")
- Bows- Any sort of bow you can find will transform your style into a flirtier number. Whether it be on a belt, blouse or headband, bows are a must to master this look. This bow-baring Urban Outfitters sweater is so their style!
- Miniskirt- A solid miniskirt paired with black opaque tights is probably the trademark look of both Rachel and Zooey.