Nine Secrets From ‘The Hunger Games’ Set!
Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson, Liam Hemsworth, and Hunger Games director Gary Ross cover The Hollywood Reporter where they talk about everything from on set accidents, to salaries, to initial hesitations.
Did you know it took Jennifer three days to accept the role of Katniss? She was scared of what the transition from indie darling to mainstream actress would do for her career.
“I was so in love with the books and the script, and suddenly it was right in my face — and the size of the decision was terrifying,” Jennifer says, adding her mom helped her make the decision.
“I called my mom and she called me a hypocrite, because when I was doing indie movies and everyone was asking why I didn’t do studio movies, I said, ‘The size of the movie doesn’t matter.’ And she said, ‘Here’s a movie you love and you were thinking of turning it down because of its size.’ I thought, ‘I don’t want to miss out because I’m scared. Me being scared, I never want that to stop me fromdoing something.’ But I knew in my heart that I wanted it — it was about working out all the fears.”
2. LAWRENCE’S SALARY FOR THE FILM IS $500,000 PLUS “ESCALATORS”
3. DIRECTOR GARY ROSS AND PRODUCER NINA JACOBSEN HAD STEEP COMPETITION
4. THE MOVIE COST $90 MILLION TO MAKE, REDUCED TO $78 MILLION AFTER SUBSIDIES
5. THE LEAD TRIO IS CONTRACTED FOR ENTIRE FRANCHISE
6. LAWRENCE’S ACCIDENT ALMOST HALTED FILMING OF ‘HUNGER GAMES’
7. THE ‘HUNGER GAMES’ SET HAD 100-DEGREE HEAT AND BEARS
8. THE ‘HUNGER GAMES’ CAST HAVE NOT SEEN THE FILM YET
9. LIAM HEMSWORTH’S BROTHER TOLD HIM TO LOSE WEIGHT
Get to know star Josh Hutcherson more in Celebuzz’s exclusive video below: