New Reports On Death of Whitney Houston, Prescription Drugs Allegedly Found
On Saturday night, Hollywood was side-swiped with the news of Whitney Houston's sudden and tragic death. As celebs were scheduled to celebrate the Grammy Awards with pre-parties and such, their attention was brought back to the late star.
Now it's the morning after, and Celebuzz has compiled what we've heard regarding Whitney's possible cause of death, and how her friends and peers are reacting to the sad news.
- TMZ.com has released a series of reports about the fallen star including claims that Whitney was in possession of prescription drugs at the time of her death and that she possibly drowned. The website claims that Whitney may have died in the bathtub and according to their source "when EMTs arrived, Whitney's body was already removed from the bathtub so it will take an autopsy to determine if she OD'd, drowned or died from some other cause." UPDATE: The autopsy revealed she did have water in her lungs, however the medical examiner still needs to determine if she died as a result of drowning.
- As of late last night, the singer's body was reportedly led out of the Beverly Hilton hotel room on a gurney and will undergo an autopsy to determine her cause of death.
- As of Sunday afternoon, TMZ.com reports that Whitney's autopsy has been completed but cause of death is still unknown. Toxicology results are currently pending and may take up to 6 weeks to be released.
- Meanwhile, celebs are reacting to the tragic news. Entertainment Tonight reports that Dionne Warwick was seen Saturday night at the Beverly Hilton's Trader Vic's Lounge exchanging stories with friends about Whitney.
- At another pre-Grammy party across town, Drake, Lil Wayne and actress Taraji P. Henson all remembered the singer when they hit the stage, asking for a moment of silence on numerous occasions.
- T-Pain's girl group Sophia Fresh told Celebuzz they saw Whitney perform on Thursday and recalled that it was "like angels were surrounding her."