Whitney Houston Wake: Private Viewing Planned Tomorrow
Her daughter Bobbi Kristina is said to attend and a source added “the family wanted to have a special moment together without cameras around.”
It was announced today that Saturday’s funeral service would be broadcast via livestream. The decision was made after an outcry from Whitney fans, who wanted to be part of the memorial. Originally, no public participation was planned.
Entertainment Tonight is reporting that Whitney’s godmother Aretha Franklin will sing at the “I Will Always Love You” singer’s funeral, and was personally asked by Clive Davis.
It is also rumored that Kevin Costner will speak during the service. The two costarred in The Bodyguard, her first feature film.
The pop diva’s funeral service is by invitation-only, and will be held this Saturday at New Hope Baptist Church in New Jersey, the church Whitney grew up singing in.
According to TMZ, Whitney will be placed next to her father John Russell Houston, Jr. at the Fairview Cemetery in Westfield, New Jersey.
Celebuzz’s Full Coverage on the Death of Whitney Houston:
- Whitney Houston Dead At 48
- Whitney Houston’s Best Songs & Performances
- Remembering Whitney Houston: Her Interview With Oprah Winfrey (VIDEO)
- Mariah Carey & Celebs Remember Whitney Houston On Twitter (PHOTOS)
- Whitney Houston Through the Years (PHOTOS)
- Britney Spears & More Share Favorite Whitney Houston Songs at Clive Davis’ Pre-Grammy Party
- Exclusive Pic: Details Into One of Whitney Houston’s Last Nights Out
- Bobbie Brown Bombarded By Cameras As He Touches Down in Los Angeles (PHOTOS)