Ray J on Whitney Houston: 'She Will Live In My Heart Forever'
One of the last people to see Whitney Houston alive says he's still trying to process her loss.
It is rumored that she and Ray J were back on romantically, and he says in a statement to Celebuzz that "she will live in my heart forever."
"Over the past few days I've tried to process the emptiness that I am experiencing," Ray J says. "What my heart feels cannot be expressed in words. The world lost an icon but I lost my close friend. Nippy I miss you so much! You were so happy and full of love. Your smile will live in my heart forever."
A private viewing is planned today for the late performer. Tomorrow's funeral service is by invitation-only but will be streamed live online from the New Hope Baptist Church in New Jersey, the church Whitney grew up singing in.
According to TMZ, Whitney will be placed next to her father John Russell Houston, Jr. at the Fairview Cemetery in Westfield, New Jersey. The site also reports that Mel Gibson tried to help Whitney when she was going through hard times several years ago. They report that he's unable to attend the funeral, but he was invited.
Celebuzz’s Full Coverage on the Death of Whitney Houston:
- Whitney Houston Dead At 48
- Whitney Houston’s Best Songs & Performances
- Remembering Whitney Houston: Her Interview With Oprah Winfrey (VIDEO)
- Mariah Carey & Celebs Remember Whitney Houston On Twitter (PHOTOS)
- Whitney Houston Through the Years (PHOTOS)
- Britney Spears & More Share Favorite Whitney Houston Songs at Clive Davis’ Pre-Grammy Party
- Exclusive Pic: Details Into One of Whitney Houston’s Last Nights Out
- Bobbie Brown Bombarded By Cameras As He Touches Down in Los Angeles (PHOTOS)