Teens for Jeans Campaign Donates Over 1 Million!
Celebuzz is happy to report that as part of this year’s fifth annual Teens for Jeans campaign (in partnership with Aéropostale), teens nationwide collected over 1 million pairs of jeans that will be donated to homeless youth across the country.
Amazing! Below are some impressive stats from this year’s campaign:
• 1 in 3 American High Schools participated
• 1 pair of jeans were donated every 2 seconds
• If laid out end end-to-end, the jeans would stretch from New York City to Chicago
• If folded and stacked, the pile would rise 32 miles, or 6Xs the height of Mount Everest (or 137Xs higher than the Empire State Building)
• Most importantly: Over one million jeans will clothe 2 out of 3 homeless teens
Don’t worry if you missed out on the call to action! You can still get involved. Go to the Teens for Jeans website to find out more.