Whitney Houston Died From Accidental Drowning; Heart Problems & Cocaine Use ‘Contributing Factors': Report
The report states that heart disease and cocaine use also played a part in her death.
Whitney was discovered in the bathroom of her hotel room at the Beverly Hilton last month, where investigators also found prescription pills. However, there were no signs of cocaine in the hotel room at the time.
Officials say the late singer also had traces of marijuana, Xanax Flexeril and Benadryl in her system at the time of her death.
“She had heart disease and had used cocaine and wound up drowning,” an insider at the L.A. County Coroner’s office tells Us Weekly. “She was taking a bath and had heart attack where no one was there to come to her aid. It is not uncommon for anyone with arterial heart disease to have a history of using cocaine.”
Her family has released a statement to TMZ, saying, “We are saddened to learn of the toxicology results, although we are glad to now have closure.”
In the weeks following her death, Whitney’s daughter Bobbi Kristina has been all over the press. She was reportedly rushed to the hospital last month amid a “complete breakdown,” according to People.
According to the AP, Houston’s money will be put in a trust. Bobbi Kristina will receive it in three stages: at age 21, 25 and finally 30. Trustees will reportedly be able to give Bobbi money from the trust “for various purposes, including tuition, to buy a home and to start a business.”
Houston fans will have one final tribute to the late superstar. Her final film, Sparkle, will be released later this year.