Whitney Houston’s Toxicology & Autopsy Report Released: ‘White Crystal-Like Substance Found’
In the 42-page document, it is reported that a "spoon with a white crystal-like substance on it" and a "white powdery substance" -- later tested for cocaine -- were found in the suite at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills, Calif.
Other developments include:
- A Beverly Hills Police Department detective said he found a "small spoon with a white, crystal-like substance in it and a rolled up piece of white paper."
- He also said, "located in the top drawer ... were remnants of a white powdery substance and a portable mirror on a base."
- First responders found Houston, 48, "lying supine on the floor in the central portion of the living room floor." Earlier, she had been pulled out of the bathtub by an assistant and bodyguard who found her "face down" in the water.
- Evidence collected from the scene included a "plethora of prescription medication bottles, prescribed to the decedent, multiple blister packs and a loose tablet." Other medication bottles and loose tablets were also collected.
- Toxicology testing showed cocaine, benzoylecgonine , cocaethylene, marijuana, alprazolam (Xanax), cyclobenzaprine (Flexeril), and diphenhydramine (Benadryl).
- During the autopsy, it was discovered that she had perforated nasal septum.
- The autopsy showed atherosclerotic heart disease (a condition in which plaque builds up inside the arteries).
The death was classified as an accidental drowning -- with no foul play suspected -- though atherosclerotic heart disease and cocaine use were listed as contributing factors.
In a recent interview, the diva's mother blasted media reports that her daughter died broke.
“Whitney did not die broke. She’s not broke. She’s not anything … None of that crap,” Cissy Houston said in an exclusive interview on My9′s The 10 O’Clock News, that aired Monday.
“They think they know everything,” she said, referring to the tabloids. “These people don’t know anything about her. The media doesn’t know what they are talking about.”