Celebuzz Counts Down the Top 5 Craziest Celebrity Diets (PHOTOS)
After finding out that Oscar nominee Anne Hathaway is on a 500-calorie diet to prepare for her role as Fantine in Les Miserables, we wondered what other weight loss regimens Hollywood stars have tried. Hence, Celebuzz put together the top 5 craziest celebrity diets!
A-Listers have done everything from eating baby food to only drinking a special mix of cayenne pepper and other ingredients. We're not kidding! Check out all of the extreme diets some celebs have tried!
1. 500-Calorie Diet: Start counting your calorie intake! This weight loss program calls for a daily, 500 calorie meal plan. Jersey Shore star JWoww has reportedly tried this diet as well. Anne has gone to extremes for this film role, including cutting off all her hair!
2. The Master Cleanse: This diet allows you to only drink a modified juice of homemade lemonade, maple syrup, water, and Cayenne pepper. No solid foods for 10 days. Beyonce followed the Master Cleanse for her role in the movie, Dreamgirls. She reportedly lost 20 pounds in only two weeks!
3. Baby Food Diet: This diet calls for eating 14 jars of baby food throughout the day, with an option to have one adult meal at dinner. Reese Witherspoon has reportedly given the diet a try.
4. Cabbage Soup Diet: Want to lose 10 pounds in only a week? This diet allows you to eat all of the cabbage soup you want for seven days. Celebs like Sarah Michelle Gellar and Jamie Pressly have used this diet to lose weight quickly.
5. Juice Diet: Gwyneth Paltrow followed a mostly juice diet to shed a few extra pounds. The three-week detox juice program consists of two liquid meals a day and a solid one in between.
Would you try any of these crazy diets? Sound off in comments below!