John Doe No. 2 Ends Sexual Battery Lawsuit Against John Travolta
John Doe No. 2 has fired his lawyer and in turn has decided not to take legal action against the actor, 59, after he claimed in a suit filed last week that Travolta sexually harassed and groped him in January, CNN reports. The man’s lawyer, Okorie Okorocha, says he’s uncertain as to why his client, who resides in Atlanta, GA, decided to withdraw.
However, Travolta isn’t out of the woods yet.
John Doe No. 1, also a male massage therapist, may still be going after the Saturday Night Fever star, though he also withdrew from the suit. He claimed Travolta sexually harassed him at the Beverly Hills Hotel though the actor was able to prove that he was not in Los Angeles on the day specified but was rather across the country in New York City. .
Since dropping the suit, the man has hired lawyer Gloria Alred, known for representing clients like Tiger Woods’ alleged mistress Rachel Uchitel. “We are in the process of conferring with him regarding the next steps, which he may wish to take,” Allred said of her client on Tuesday.
Alred clarified that John Doe No. 1 can file another suit because the dismissal of the first one was “without prejudice, which means that he is still legally entitled to file a lawsuit against John Travolta if he chooses.”
Meanwhile, Travolta and wife Kelly Preston are showing a united front. The actor shared publicly a Mother’s Day video he presented his wife and the mother of his children over the weekend. Check out some photos from the footage below:
UPDATE: Since first reporting that John Doe No. 2 had fired his lawyer, E! is reporting that he too has hired on Alred as his new attorney. “We are now representing John Doe No. 2,” Allred said in a statement. “We believe that the lawsuit should be filed in another court and, therefore, the lawsuit was dismissed without prejudice. We will be conferring with our client regarding what will happen next in this case.”