Justin Bieber's 'Believe' Blitz: 5 Bielebisms From His Interviews On 'The View,' On Air With Ryan Seacrest
During stops at The View, On Air With Ryan Seacrest and several other media outlets, the 18-year-old pop phenom opened up about everything from love (yes, Lady Bieb herself, Selena Gomez), the price of fame and how he manages to stay grounded.
Bieber's album dropped Tues., June 19 and here's 5 choice quotes from its debut day's media blitz...
1. Bieber is apprehensive about transitioning from teen heartthrob to an adult artist.
“I’m 18 and I have a lot of insecurities. At the end of the day, being in my position doesn’t get rid of those insecurities,” Bieber told TODAY co-host Matt Lauer.
"I think (this album) is about proving people wrong and going out there and making good music, and going out there and performing better than everyone else."
2. Bieber had doubts about the song "Mariah," which he wrote after Mariah Yeater falsely accused him of fathering her baby.
“Yeah, it was definitely Scooter [Bruan]’s worries…it’s already over, you're bringing it back up. But also people didn’t forget about it, it was still in the headline news. So, to be able to talk about it and really say my side of the story and really just express myself, I feel like that was the best way to do it," the "Baby" singer said On Live With Ryan Seacrest.
3. Although he's dating Selena Gomez, Bieber admits he's still discovering what love means.
“Being young, I’m still learning what love is and the importance of it... Love in general transpires," he said, when asked by View co-hostthanks about love.
4. Despite getting a $100k Fisker Karma sports car for his 18th birthday, Bieber claims he's grounded.
“It’s great to keep family first. For me, those are the people that keep me humbled and grounded," he said during The View. With his grandpa in the audience, Biebs added: "My grandpa is going to start crying... [My family] is really proud of me."
5. When asked on The View if female musicians, like Miley Cyrus, have more difficulty transitioning into adulthood than men, Bieber took the high road.
"I think it’s about the people you have around you... I’m not trying to give myself an older image by doing negative things," he said.
What's your favorite song on the album? Tell us in the comments and watch his performance of "Boyfriend," below.