Nicki Minaj Says Drake “Did Nothing Wrong” In Chris Brown Scuffle
Nicki Minaj has Drake's back. The outlandish pop star says that the rapper isn’t to blame for his infamous brawl with Chris Brown.
“He did nothing wrong, of course,” the “Starships” singer/rapper said in an interview with Tim Westwood TV. “Rumors are rumors, but I told him to remember who you are.”
Minaj went on to say that she even gave the 25-year-old some advice about life in the fast lane.
“I don’t approve of talented people doing things that aren’t conducive to an amazing career,” Minaj told Westwood, a British DJ. “So, I spoke to Drake, and I told him from the bottom of my heart how I felt. I’m like, ‘Baby, you are a superstar, and I need you to realize that.’"
Drake and Brown scuffled – allegedly over pop star Rihanna -- at New York City club W.i.P. on June 14. Twenty-three-year-old Brown walked away with a gash in his chin, caused by shards of broken glass.
He’s not the only one to sustain injuries when bottles were thrown in the club: NBA star Tony Parker claims he suffered lacerations to his cornea. Last week, the 30-year-old sued W.i.P for a whopping $20 million, claiming that his injuries have sidelined his participation in the upcoming Olympics.
Minaj, meanwhile, is celebrating yet another career landmark. The 29-year-old’s latest album, “Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded,” was certified platinum by the RIAA just this week.
Who do you think is to blame in the Chris Brown/Drake fracas? Sound off in the comments.