Katie Holmes, Tom Cruise Divorce Settlement Aftermath: His First Visit With Suri— Plus 6 Newest Developments
Following Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes' swift divorce settlement, it's back to business as usual for the former couple.
Cruise, who landed in Mammoth, California, to continue filming Oblivion on Monday. But he's reportedly flying back to New York this weekend to see Suri Cruise, 6, who has been out and about with Holmes.
The five-year marriage that captivated the world continues to spur new developments.
Read on for the latest TomKat divorce news.
1. Tom Cruise is flying to New York to see Suri Cruise this weekend.
A source close to Cruise tells E! News that the actor hopes to make arrangements to see his 6-year-old daughter as early as this weekend.
"As soon as he is done shooting he will arrange to see Suri. If he wasn't shooting up in the mountains, I am sure he already would be with her," the source said, adding, "There will be no photo op."
2. Tom Cruise's lawyer threatens to sue National Enquirer over 'House of Horrors' cover story. Cruise's lawyer is threatening to sue the National Enquirer over a cover story that claims the actor is a "monster" who "abused" wife Holmes, The Hollywood Reporter claims.
The lawyer claims the "fictitious" article will cause the actor "hundreds of millions of dollars of professional and personal damages, for which we intend to hold American Media, and everyone who participated in the perpetuation of this scurrilous attack, jointly and severally liable."
3. Holmes used a secret disposable phone to plot divorce.
The former Dawson's Creek actress used a throwaway cellphone provided by a friend to initially talk to her lawyers and avoid her husband knowing about the conversation. The move allowed her to prepare her legal case without Cruise knowing, Us Weekly reports.
4. New proof reveals Suri was really old enough for Scientology indoctrination and auditing. Although Cruise and top Scientologists claim Suri wasn't old enough to undergo a "sec check," ex-Scientologist sources say Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard created a "security check" for children aged 6 to 12.
Within the interrogation, a reported 99 questions was designed to be used to interrogate a child holding the sensors of an e-meter by an ethics officer outside of the presence of the child's parents.
5. Holmes reportedly contacted Cruise's ex-wife, Nicole Kidman, prior to divorce filing.
As Holmes plotted her divorce, she reportedly got advice from Nicole Kidman, who divorced the actor in 2001 following a contentious custody battle.
"They've spoken over the last few weeks," a confidante told Us Weekly of Holmes and Kidman, 45. "Nicole has been supportive, saying she's been through it too and to hang in there."
6. Katie Holmes returns to the Catholic Church.
According to the Huffington Post, Holmes has officially returned to the Catholic faith, registering as a parishioner at the Church of St. Francis Xavier in New York City.
“Everyone is thrilled to have Katie join us,” a member of the church's choir told me. “She has not yet attended a service, but when she does she will be welcomed with open arms.”