Celeb Fitness Trainer Dishes On How to Eat Right Like Hollywood Athletes
Venus Williams suffered a devastating blow with her recent loss at Wimbledon. The five-time champion is suffering from an autoimmune disorder, Sjogren’s Syndrome, and is clearly having trouble keeping her energy up. Venus is a fellow believer in my favorite mantra, “Good is the enemy of great,” and vows to overcome her obstacles and get her game back next year.
Autoimmune diseases such as Venus’s cause fatigue, low energy levels and joint pain - a death sentence for a competitive athlete. If these symptoms remind you of yourself, even if you don’t suffer from a diagnosed disease, there are a few things you can do just by changing your diet:
- Eliminate all sugar
- Eliminate all alcohol
- Eliminate white foods, like pasta and bread, and replace them with whole grains
- Eat as many whole foods as you can, and avoid processed foods
Many of these types of problems are caused by inflammation in the body. Foods that help decrease inflammation are:
- Dark greens
- Wild-caught salmon
- Billy Merrit on Superfoods: Billy’s quest began at the Ashram Health Retreat of Calabasas, California where he was formulating his favorite algaes, herbs, botanicals, probiotics, enzymes, and superfoods into nutrient-rich blends that he found to be incredibly effective.
- Gaiam Inspirations: Green Smoothie Revolution: When Victoria Boutenko moved her family from the Soviet Union to the United States, she soon discovered that the health of everyone in her family began to deteriorate due to the typical American diet. She knew she had to make a change; after much research and a chance encounter, she embraced a raw-food diet, improving the health of her entire family.
- Seane Corn Detox Flow: Internationally recognized yoga instructor Seane Corn brings her integrated approach to living a healthier, happier life through her detox process. Experience elevated energy, increased circulation and weight loss—as well as a calmer, more stress-free mind.
How to enter:
PLEASE NOTE: You must sign in to Celebuzz (or use Facebook to sign in) in order to comment and win.
This giveaway will close on Saturday, July 21, 2012.
GaiamTV.com is a streaming video subscription service that includes exclusive yoga and fitness classes plus thousands of inspirational films, documentaries, personal growth, health and wellness videos. It is available for $9.95 a month with a 10-day free trial. GaiamTV.com features renowned instructors, including Rodney Yee, Jillian Michaels, Seane Corn, The FIRM, Mari Winsor, Deepak Chopra, Jack Canfield and dozens more. Top inspirational films, such as “I AM,” written and directed by Tom Shadyac, are also included. In addition, GaiamTV.com offers weekly live-streamed original programming with its new show, “Gaiam Inspirations” hosted by Lisa Garr. GaiamTV.com is available on a wide array of portable devices, including the iPad, and iPhone. GaiamTV.com is a division of Gaiam, Inc.
Gwen’s unique combination of dance, massage and yoga training experience, coupled with her extensive knowledge of anatomy and nutrition, provides her clients with overwhelming benefits. Gwen is the yoga instructor for 5 NY Pro teams. Her writing appears in Men’s Health, Women’s Health, Fitness Magazine, Shape Magazine, Yoga Journal, Details, shape.com, and espn.com. She makes regular appearances on NBC’s TODAY show, and Good Day New York. She was featured in June’s ESPN Magazine as the “Best Innovation in Sports Medicine,” and is a featured “Super Ambassador” for GaiamTV.com.