Comic-Con 2012: ‘True Blood’ Panel Highlights Cast’s Unexpected Talents, Reveals Spoilers (VIDEO)
But before the gab, Ball introduced a new preview reel to the audience loaded with fanged up scenes, Russell Edgington (Denis O’Hare) and, wait for it, Godric (Allan Hyde)! Plus, Bill (Stephen Moyer) glamours Sookie’s memories of him and Eric (Alexander Skarsgard) from her, so that she can live as if she never met them. Good luck with that.
What talents did the cast reveal for the audience?
Of course, we know that Joe Manganiello proved he had the moves in stripper flick Magic Mike, but we would never turn down an encore performance. Rutina Wesley gets to hit the pole later this season and shows off her abilities for the audience. Even Ball got into the action. And Ryan Kwanten literally flipped for the audience: He crossed the stage doing a handstand!
Clearly, if you’re anti-spoiler, you should walk away now.
- Jason’s big parental issues. Recently, Jason learned that his parents weren’t killed in an accident, but by vampires. Ball says we’re definitely going to learn more about what happened and the affect their deaths had on Jason.
- The end of Sam and Luna? Sam Trammell stayed pretty tightlipped about whether Luna (Janina Gavankar) survives last episode’s shooting. But, he does say the fact that her daughter turns into a wolf carries ramifications.
- Love explosion. Manganiello says he “eviscerates” one of the other cast members sexually. Woof! Ball adds that the freaky is definitely coming and will satisfy all tastes. Later, he says that there are at least three new romances this season.
- What to look forward to? The actors named their fave scene ever and Deborah Ann Woll says that hers goes down in Episode 10.
- What not to look forward to? Ball says that there’s currently no plan for weretiger Quinn, who figures prominently in the latter Harris books. Though, he does say that the new showrunner may change that.
Watch the intense preview video from the panel below.