Michael Jackson Estate War: Brother Randy Speaks Out, Asks for ‘Respect’

Lance Debler / July 18, 2012

Gone Too Soon
Celebs who died before their time.
READ THE LETTER
Five members of MJ's family call for executors to resign.
Randy Jackson is speaking out about the blockbuster Celebuzz report that revealed his family’s furious demand: they’re insisting the executors of Michael Jackson’s last Will and Testament resign from their posts immediately.

“We ask that everyone respects that this is a serious matter that will be handled by the proper authorities,” the 50-year-old tweeted last night.

In a scathing letter — obtained exclusively by Celebuzz and signed by Michael’s sisters Janet, Rebbie and brothers TitoRandy and Jermaine — the family stated that executors John Branca and John McClain faked the King of Pop’s will prior to his death on June 25, 2009.

“The Will that you presented did not have our brother’s signature on it, nor did it have a signature page attached to it,” the letter read. “Amongst many other inconsistencies in the Will, there is also a conflict around Michael’s location on the day he supposedly signed the Will, July 7, 2002. We have evidence that undoubtedly supports and proves that Michael was absolutely not in Los Angeles, California, on the date of his signature reflected in the Will at-hand.”

The men quickly retaliated, insinuating that the letter contains more than a few sour grapes.

“We are saddened that false and defamatory accusations grounded in stale Internet conspiracy theories are now being made by certain members of Michael’s family whom he chose to leave out of his will,” they said in a statement.

“We are especially disheartened that they come at a time when remarkable progress has been made to secure the financial future of his children by turning around the Estate’s finances as well as during a time when so many of Michael’s fans, old and new, are enjoying his artistry through exciting new projects.”

Jackson died on June 25, 2009, from a combination of the anesthetic propofol and sedatives administered by Dr. Conrad Murray, according to the Los Angeles County coroner.

Murray, 59, was convicted and jailed in November last year after prosecutors said he abandoned medical judgment by complying with the pop star’s requests for a surgical anesthetic to help him sleep.

Celebuzz Single Player No Autoplay (CORE)
No changes are to be made to this player