Chris Harrison on ‘The Bachelor’ Casting: Sean Lowe Would Be ‘Amazing’ But We Listen to the Fans
Reports hit the web last week speculating that Sean Lowe, whom Maynard, 26, sent home two weeks ago, is being courted by ABC as the next Bachelor. Roberto Martinez, who was engaged to Ali Fedowtowski, was also the front runner early on.
Now, could Arie be in the mix?
Chris Harrison hinted that could very well be a possibility during a recent chat with Celebuzz:
“Sean would be an amazing Bachelor,” Harrison told Celebuzz at the Kiis FM Teen Choice gifting suite over the weekend. “So would Roberto.”
“In all seriousness, when the Roberto rumors came out that he was signed– we don’t do that,” explained Chris Harrison. “We don’t start production for a while so there is no reason for us to jump the gun.”
Sean Lowe stole America’s hearts this season with his wholesome “perfect guy” image.
“We didn’t know what the reaction to Sean would be,” said Chris referring to the overwhelmingly positive reaction. “We don’t know what the reaction to the ending of The Bachelorette is going to be Sunday. We could have one or two other candidates to throw into the mix.”
It’s one candidate: Arie Luyendyk.
“We want to wait and see what America says, because we really do listen to the fans,” elaborated Harrison. “Was Roberto on the list? Sure. But everyone is in the mix.”
As for the bachelorette herself, Harrison said she is at peace with whatever decision she made.
“She’s happy,” said Chris. “Emily is a survivor she’s going to be fine no matter what happens. Look at what has happened in her life? She’s happy she came back, she’s happy she did it again, and she’ll be fine.”
Who would you all like to see the next Bachelor be?