‘American Idol’ Judge Mariah Carey’s 5 Most Bizarre TV Moments (VIDEOS)
Looking at her past antics on television, from her public meltdown on MTV’s TRL, in 2001, to her loopy speech at the Palm Springs International Film Festival, in 2010, Carey and her kooky antics will be more than enough reason to tune into Idol next January. Could we have a new Paula Abdul on our hands? Possibly!
Click below to watch Carey’s Top 5 wildest TV appearances.
1. Carey got a little — how do you say? — loopy while selling her latest collection on HSN, in 2011.
2. In 2001, Carey made an unannounced appearance on MTV’s TRL — just days before she entered rehab for exhaustion. (She pulled a similar incident 1999, when she called into the show and admitted she was a “mess.”)
3. Mariah Carey stole the show at the 2010 Palm Springs International Film Festival with her, um, odd acceptance after being named Breakthrough Actress for her role in the movie Precious.
4. Carey let MTV into her house for a very eccentric episode of Cribs, during which she had more than a dozen wardrobe changes and, at one point, stripped down for a dip in her tub.
5. During an interview with Ryan Seacrest at the 2010 Oscars, Carey almost left the interviewer speechless with her loony behavior. This interaction is just a preview of what’s to come on Idol. (We hope?)