Kristen Stewart Cheating Scandal: 7 Latest Developments
Kristen Stewart's affair with Rupert Sanders was not a one-time fling like she claimed, according to the Snow White and the Huntsman director's brother-in-law.
That's just one of many twists and turns in the scandal that has rocked Hollywood: after a four-year relationship with her Twilight co-star Robert Pattinson, 22-year-old Stewart was photographed hooking up with Sanders, 41 -- and quickly admitted their indiscretion.
In a heartfelt statement, Stewart said, “I’m deeply sorry for the hurt and embarrassment I’ve caused to those close to me and everyone this has affected."
Sanders — who has two child with model wife Liberty Ross — followed suit. “I am utterly distraught about the pain I have caused my family,” he told People in an exclusive statement. “My beautiful wife and heavenly children are all I have in this world. I love them with all my heart. I am praying that we can get through this together.”
Following in Pattinson's footsteps, the Snow White actress has packed up and moved out of the L.A. love-nest they shared. Not only are they not living together, but the Twilight pair are reportedly not in contact. Despite the current tension, Stewart and Pattinson may have to face each other 0n September 6, when they are expected to appear together at MTV’s Video Music Awards.
Celebuzz has the latest developments on the scandal that rocked the Twi-hard nation.
1. Pattinson was reportedly weeks away from popping the question. According to reports, Pattinson has purchased a $5 million L.A. home and was planning to propose to longtime love Stewart within weeks. “Friends of Robert have told us that this was the woman that he wanted to spend the rest of his life with, and he was actually very close to proposing when he heard about the affair,” said Dina Sansing of Us Weekly.
2. Sanders' brother-in-law claims it was more than a brief affair. Stewart called her fling with her Snow White and the Huntsman director a “momentary indiscretion," but Sanders' brother-in-law begs to differ. Leopold Ross — the brother of Liberty Ross — believes Sanders became involved with his leading lady while filming the fairytale film, according to the UK's PEOPLE. "It was from the last half of filming and all through post-production, clear into last week," Ross said. "[Liberty] made some sacrifices for something she thought was worth it -- now she knows, right? ... It might actually make things better in the long run. She wasn’t that happy for a while. But our family is close. She’ll be all right.”The Sun. “Robert has resorted to asking strangers out to keep him company," said a source. "He went out for drinks with a woman staying in his hotel and he told her it was 'ridiculous' he had nobody to talk to."
4. Details emerge about the scandalous photos. As a photographer followed Stewart's Mini Cooper to the Pacific View Trail, the actress and her older male companion started to make out in the car, according to the L.A. Times. That's when the photographer called his agency, FameFlyNet, for backup. But it wasn't until all the snaps were uploaded back at the office that the snappers realized the mystery man smooching Stewart was, in fact, Sanders. "That was when we realized, 'Oh, my God, she's not just cheating on Rob — this guy is married and has kids,'" recalled Scott Cosman, the owner of FameFlyNet. "It was pretty scandalous, and it had so many different angles to it."
5. After slamming Stewart last week for her affair, Brandi Glanville takes aim at Sanders. After catching wind of the Stewart-Sanders controversial affair, the Real Housewife of Beverly Hills ranted on Twitter about the Twilight star. "I'm not happy with this K stew Bs," she wrote. "2 close to home. Same story, friends with the wife and kids & f*** the husband when we think no one is looking." The following day, Glanville continued: "Home-wreckers come in pairs #ittakes2." She then wrote — but then later deleted — "'F**k people I have always said it takes two and a man can’t be stolen he has to want to leave."Jo Piazza tells Celebuzz. For some celebrities, infidelity scandals spoil their career. For others, it only boosts their stardom. For Stewart, it could mean a moment of re-invention. “This could be her Angelina moment,” Piazza told Celebuzz. “Angelina was always edgy, but after she stole Brad she was going to be the bad girl forever more. We already have started to see Kristen go toward darker role. This could be Kristen’s rebranding of herself as that edgier actress, as that bad girl.”
7. After her video went viral, Twilight superfan Emma Clark tells Celebuzz she's still rooting for Robsten. Twihard Emma Clark emerged a star from the Stewart cheating scandal last week, when the YouTube video she posted pledging her undying support for Pattinson went viral. "I just want to tell them to keep going, to keep trying,” Clark told Celebuzz. “They have all their fans behind them that support and love them.”
What do you think of the K-Stew scandal fallout? Weigh in below!