Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Cover Story Faceoff: 'Star' Vs. 'InTouch'
Just ahead of her surprise birthday blowout last week, Jennifer Lopez's boy-toy beau Casper Smart was snapped outside of a few X-rated store fronts in NYC's Hell's Kitchen.
And according to the covers of both In Touch Weekly and Star, the shots are photographic proof of "J.Lo Betrayed!"
Now Celebuzz is dissecting the competing celebrity weekly covers.
How do the stories size up?
In Touch claims that Casper Smart stopped in for a visit to an appointment-only exotic massage parlor. The magazine's story puts forth the following:
1. Parlor staffer speaks out. “I saw Jennifer’s boyfriend," Bibi, an employee of the massage spot, told InTouch. She describes Smart as "a nice man" with "strong muscles” who was “in a big hurry” during his visit.
2. Photographer Elder Ordonez shares witness account. Smart looked “relaxed” as he exited the seedy establishment, said Ordonez.
4. Smart's rep denies report. The dancer's rep insists Smart was on the block to get a tattoo at a neighboring business.
5. Doctor weighs in. Dr. Paul Hokemeyer says habitual visits to a massage parlor would “show that [Smart] has some judgment and impulse-control issues.”
1. Source labels the establishment a "gay cruising spot." “You go into the booths, then you get all kinds of tapping on the walls and propositions," said a man familiar with the place. "It’s like zombies.” The mag also says this was not Smart's first visit.
2. Undercover reporter reveals details of seedy spot.
The article paints an incriminating picture: “Men stood around checking each other out before entering one of the eight ‘buddy booths’ lined up along the wall. Inside each booth was coin-operated video screen, a foldout chair with exam table paper on the seat, and two waist-high holes on the wall leading to the booth next to it.”
4. The couple’s rep responds to homosexual rumors. “Casper is not gay," Mark Young said in June. "These comments are born from envy and jealousy."
5. Marc Anthony source weighs in on the photos. “Marc has never liked Casper and doesn’t want him around the kids. When he saw the pics of Casper coming out of that porn theater, he lost it. He told Jennifer in no uncertain terms: ‘Dump Casper or I’ll take the kids.’ He doesn’t want his children exposed to someone like that anymore”
While the two controversial cover stories share similarities, it's Star's that could stir up legal trouble. According to Gossip Cop, the couple's lawyers have blasted the Star's claims as “false, malicious and defamatory" — and plan to file a suit against the weekly.
“Ms. Lopez and Mr. Smart will pursue all remedies available to them under the law,” their attorneys told Gossip Cop.
Do you think Smart betrayed his lady love? Weigh in below.