Olympics 2012: 8 Things to Know About Breakout Soccer Star Alex Morgan
Morgan, 23, finished with a pair of goals in team USA’s win over France during their opening Olympics match.
Not only was the Diamond Bar, Calif., native the youngest member of the last World Cup team, she’s proving to be one of the Olympic squad’s most talented player.
So who is Alex Morgan?
Here are some fun facts about the sexy soccer star:
1. She loves yoga: “I would recommend bikram (yoga) because it definitely helps with flexibility, and athletes need to be flexible to avoid injury and play at their best,” she told US Soccer. “If you are an athlete, you probably love to sweat, and I probably sweat more in bikram than I do in a full 90-minute game. It’s a great way to cleanse the body and feel energized.”
2. Despite her soccer success, she isn’t playing the field: Since college, Morgan has been dating Servando Carrasco, a midfielder for Seattle Sounders FC.
3. At just 23, she’s the youngest player on the U.S women’s national team roster.
5. She worships The King: Morgan has two Elvis Presley posters on her wall and has admitted that, as a child, she had a fascination with the rocker.
6. She’s an animal lover: Morgan has a dog named Lola as well as three cats.
8. She enjoys a good cup o’ Joe: “European coffee is so addicting,” Morgan told the NY Times. “I’ve been getting a lot more cappuccinos since I’ve been over here than I ever would at home.”
Will Alex Morgan outshine Hope Solo at the summer games? Weigh in below.
No changes are to be made to this player