Celebuzz 101 Hot Bodies: Kerry Washington’s Trainer David Kirsch Reveals the ‘Scandal’ Star’s Workout Routine (EXCLUSIVE)
In order to do so, the 35-year-old star of Scandal — who ranked No. 100 on Celebuzz’s 101 Hot Bodies countdown — works closely with trainer and wellness guru to the stars, David Kirsch, who was kind enough to speak with Celebuzz on how he keeps Washington looking so good for primetime TV.
“The workout routine I developed for Kerry is one of my classic intense, interval boot camps that focuses on everything from head to toe,” Kirsch revealed. “So much of what Kerry and I do focuses on connecting her brain to her body.”
“She is simply gorgeous and exercise keeps her connected to that belief,” he continued. “When she’s exercising and using some of my David Kirsch Wellness supplements, she’s at the top of her game – mentally, physically and spiritually.”
To better understand Washington’s workout routine, Kirsch broke it all down for Celebuzz bit by bit, body part by body part. He also shares a couple of workout routines to help Celebuzz readers look like Kerry Washington and other A-list stars in Hollywood.
Check it out, below.
Toned Abs & Arms
“For Kerry’s abs and arms, I primarily use a stability ball and light hand weights,” Kirsch said. “My favorite exercises for her are stability ball knee tucks and push-ups. These are great for helping keep her arms and abs sculpted, sexy and toned.”
Tight Legs and Back End
“I stick to exercises that lengthen, tighten and keep her already beautiful legs and butt sculpted. Sumo lunges, reverse crossover lunges and single leg dead lifts are particularly effective. The beauty with all of these exercises is that Kerry is extremely disciplined and does these exercises on her own when she’s on the road or on the movie set.”
The Star’s Secret Weapon
To help maintain her energy, radiance and vitality, the actress regularly uses David Kirsch Vitamin/Mineral Super Juice, Thermo Bubbles supplements in All Natural Pink Lemonade and Original Berry, as well as his newest product, AM Daily Detox.
Want to shape up like a star? Below, Kirsch shares some of his key moves to help tone any problem areas you may have.
Platypus Walk: Tone and slim your inner and outer thighs.
1. Start in a plie squat position, with your hands behind your head and your thighs parallel to the ground.
2. Waddle forward! Right foot in front of you left, stay engaged in that plie squat. Now reverse … (Make sure your knees stay out and your weight stays back in your heels throughout the movement.)
Sumo Lunges: The perfect butt-shaping, hip reducing, lower half-sculpting maneuver!
1. Stand with your legs shoulder length apart.
2. Lift your right leg from the knee and move it in a circular roundhouse.
3. Land out to the side, wider than you started and immediately squat down, channeling a real sumo wrestler.
4. As you come out of the squat, lift your right leg and kick out, leading with your heel. (Each element should flow smoothly into the next. There are no breaks in a sumo lunge!)
Diamond Push Ups: Tone and sculpt your triceps.
1. Place your belly on a stability ball and your hands on the floor in front of the ball. Walk your hands forward until you are in a pushup position – depending on your strength, your thighs, shines or toes should be on the stability ball. Whichever you choose, don’t let your hips sink!
2. Adjust your palms so that your forefingers and thumps touch one another, forming a diamond shape.
3. Bend your elbows in towards your sides as you lower to the floor. Exhale, and return to start position. Repeat 15 times.
Stability Ball Hand Offs: Tone up that six pack with that will work your upper and lower abs.
1. Lie flat on your back, gripping your stability ball on both sides.
2. Reach your arms and your legs straight up simultaneously.
3. Pass the ball from your hands to your legs.
4. Lower your legs and arms simultaneously. Now reverse it. (Note: Keep your back flat on the floor.)
And for more on the countdown, visit the official Celebuzz Hot 101 Bodies page.