Kate Bosworth's Fiance: 5 Things to Know About Michael Polish
Kate Bosworth is officially taken.
The actress casually announced her engagement to beau Michael Polish in the travel diary she penned for Vogue magazine.
“On our first day in Seoul, my fiance, Michael Polish, and I venture out to discover Changdeokgung Palace," she wrote as she described her South Korean getaway.
So who is this man of her dreams?
1. He is a director, screenwriter and actor. From studio films to small-budget indies, Polish has had a hand in films such as The Astronaut Farmer, Stay Cool, For Lovers Only and the upcoming Big Sur.
2. He is a twin. His identical twin brother, Mark Polish, is also a filmmaker. And the twins have even teamed up professionally many times. Michael made his directorial debut with 1999's Twin Falls Idaho, which he co-wrote and starred in with his brother. The film, a tale of conjoined twins, was purchased by Sony Pictures Classics. "We enjoy each other's company," Michael has said about partnering with his brother. "It's always good to have someone by you that understands. And, you know, we're going from city to city doing this, and it’s real fun to have company."
3. He's California born and bred. Polish was born in El Centro, California. And guess who shares his hometown: singer-actress Cher!
4. He has a daughter. Polish was married to Jo Strettell from 1988 to 2004. The couple has one daughter, Jasper Polish, who appears in his movie, The Astronaut Farmer.
5. He's a published author. In 2005, the Polish brothers published the indie filmmaker’s guide, The Declaration of Independent Filmmaking: An Insider’s Guide to Making Movies Outside of Hollywood.
Do you think Polish is Bosworth's perfect Prince Charming? Let us know in the comments.