'Real Housewives' LuAnn De Lesseps Dishes Her 10 Best Summer Entertaining Tips (EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS)
And now she wants to share her party planning know-how for a memorable summer soiree exclusively with Celebuzz.
Here are the Countess’ top 10 summer entertaining tips to bring out your inner-hostess and make your next bash the hottest of the summer season.
What are her festive ideas?
1. Send a “save the date” in the mail or via email a month or two in advance so that you get on your friends’ calendars before they book up. You can also send a fun Evite invitation, which is better in the summer since mail often goes to the guest’s main residence rather than their summer homes. Remember to indicate how guests should RSVP, the time it begins and the dress code for the party.
2. Invite a variety of people. Having a mix of guests from all walks of life makes any gathering more interesting.
3. Circulate your party. Introduce people to one another, spark up conversations, or tell a good joke or two when there's a lull in conversation.
4. Plan a creative and fun menu that works well in the hot summer months. Keep the food colorful, light and fresh. Think ceviche, grilled chicken and fish, and cold salads. Passed hors d'oeuvres followed by a buffet supper is a great option for summer dinner parties.
5. Put your mark on the drinks. I love to serve Rose and white wines -- but serving signature cocktails in the hot summer months is also a great idea. Think sparkly and fruity when choosing the libations.
6. Greet your guests at the door with a smile on your face and a glass of wine in your hand. If the party is outside, make it clear where your guests should go upon arriving by stationing a friend or a staff member at the entrance.
7. Illuminate the party with tiki torches and candles rather than electric lights. Everyone looks fabulous in candlelight.
8. Don't play the music by ear. Play easy-listening music for cocktails then transition to more festive, fun dance music to get the party started...or sing to your guests as I like to do.
9. Your guests are not on the menu. Use Citronella candles and other mosquito control measures so that your guests can be outside without being eaten alive.
10. All good parties must come to an end. Turn down the music, offer your guests an espresso and call a cab for those who've had a little too much to drink.
Take a look at the Countess in party mode in our exclusive photos above.
What are your summer party planning tips? Offer your suggestions below.