Get Sofia Vergara's Bombshell Waves from the Emmys: Hair How-To
Sofia Vergara sparkled on the red carpet in a sequined teal gown at Sunday's Emmy Awards. But what really caught our eye was the Modern Family star's amazing hair.
Vergara wore her thick brunette locks down in loose waves for an effortlessly sexy look. In other words, she had the perfect date-night hair.
While hair that appears effortless often takes quite a bit of effort, we got the experts to share the tricks to pulling off the star's glam waves in five simple steps.
To perfect Vergara's understated loose curls, we turned to Pureology hair guru Sandra Joseph.
The good news: It's easy to pull off.
Just follow Joseph's simple styling steps:
1. Start by priming your hair for volume and style: On damp hair apply a dime size of styling lotion or wax (Joseph prefers Pureology Colour Stylist Control Twist high hold liquid wax) and two golf ball-sized pumps of volumizing mousse (such as Pureology Colour Stylist Silk Bodifier), working through your hair from roots to ends.
2. Use a large round brush to blow dry your hair to give hair volume and bend.
3. Once hair is dry, apply a dime size of styling gel (Joseph likes Pureology Colour Stylist Control Twist high hold liquid wax) to add shine and help curls stick.
4. Using a 1-inch curling iron, curl random pieces of hair away from the face.
5. Set with hairspray (Joseph recommends Pureology Colour Stylist Supreme Control zero dulling hairspray).
Don't have a curling iron handy? Watch the video below to see how you can get the same sexy waves with a straightening iron.