'X Factor' Judge L.A. Reid Bans Producers After Boot Camp Clash, Reveals Source (EXCLUSIVE)
"L.A. is so mad at some of the producers," a source on the show revealed. "He refuses to even answer their calls; he's been so mad for weeks and weeks now."
At the end of Wednesday's episode, the singing competition moves from 120 contestants at Boot Camp to the next phase of its sophomore season -- Judges' Homes -- where Reid will be told he must work with the Overs, the source said.
"Last year Simon (Cowell) had the girls, L.A. had the guys, Paula had the groups and Nicole had the overs," the insider confirmed.
"L.A. had been telling everyone that he wanted to mentor a younger category in 2012."
"That was when the producers called to tell him his category," the source added.
"He did have a diva moment when he didn't get what he wanted!"
FOX has yet to reveal who gets assigned various categories, however Reid was photographed with Bieber on the roof of a building in Los Angeles during August. At the time, it was suggested the pair was with some of The X Factor over 25s group.
"Even Justin Bieber had to remind him about the talent in his group."
The Backstreet Boys spoke to Celebuzz recently and revealed who has impressed them on the 2012 version of The X Factor. Watch below.