‘The X Factor’ Live Shows: 10 Things You Didn’t See on TV
And while you were watching two contestants from each group battle it out to continue to the Top 12, Celebuzz was on the scene at the CBS studios in Los Angeles, Calif. to give you an inside look about what happens when the cameras aren’t rolling.
Here are 10 things you didn’t see on TV.
1. The crowd is louder than the judges. While you may have heard the crowd screaming their heads off during the show, actually hearing them do it is remarkable. There were often times when you couldn’t hear the hosts or judges speaking both during the show and commercial breaks.
2. People love Khloe. There was a noticeable difference in the crowd reaction for hosts Khloe Kardashian Odom and Mario Lopez upon taking the stage. While people were ecstatic when Lopez came out, it was pure insanity when Kardashian Odom followed him.
3. The girls behind the judges were awkward.No, we don’t mean these audience members are actually awkward people. But standing behind the judges while there is a commercial break was a weird position to be in. Most of the girls seemed to have no idea what they were doing and stood idly by as the judges got fixed up during the commercials.
4. Commercial breaks are full of photos and makeup. When the judges weren’t going backstage during commercials, they often sat at their chairs to chat. They also took some photos and got touched up by their various makeup artists and handlers.
5. The crowd was so hyped they had to be to told, “for the first time ever,” to be quieter. When Demi revealed she was sending Willie Jones home, it was extremely difficult for us and we’re sure you to hear her decision. Though the audience director told us to cheer for our favorites during this process, he later clarified (more than once) to be quiet when the final decision was being made so we could actually listen to what a judge was saying.
6. Rachel Crow in the house. We don’t believe they showed Crow in the audience on camera, but the Season 1 finalist was in attendance in the crowd. In between commercial breaks she spoke with the crowd about her music and her upcoming appearance on the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade.
7. Demi is a sweetheart.When the audience director asked Demi to wave to a fan who flew from Brazil to see her, she actually called the young fan over. With less than a minute left until airtime, Demi gave the girl a huge hug and had a quick conversation before jumping in her seat for the next segment.
8. Craziest crowd you’ve ever seen. We know, we know, we keep talking about the crowd, but seriously the audience director was in love with them! I mean they were pretty great! But apparently the owner of the company who fills the audience called it, “the craziest crowd she’s ever seen.”
9. Come to my show. As the show was winding down, the audience director who effectively kept the crowd hyped throughout the two-hour broadcast, plugged his own show. We’re assuming it’s stand up but he didn’t exactly clarify. However, if you’d like to see him, he’ll be at The Ice House Saturday. Possibly this one in Pasadena?
The X Factor airs Wednesdays and Thursdays at 8 PM on FOX.
What did you think was the best moment during this live round? Sound off in the comments below!
No changes are to be made to this player