‘The Voice’ Top 10 Results: Two Singers Are Eliminated
Or is it?
The Voice‘s Top 10 performed live in Los Angeles, Calif. this week, and the results are in. Who did you save and who did you send home?
Note: Spoilers ahead if you haven’t seen Tuesday’s episode of The Voice.
We know you all want to know whose music dreams were cut a bit short (at least for now), so we won’t make you wait for it. Bryan Keith and Sylvia Yacoub went home. But before they did, we were treated to more stage-shaking performances by the contenders — and some of their coaches.
Celebuzz was on-hand at the live taping to catch all of the highlights. Here were our favorites.
1. Team Christina (Dez Duron, Sylvia Yacoub, and coach Christina Aguilera) opened the show with a performance of “Let There Be Love” that started with a cheeky play on the show’s blind auditions early round, in which Duron and Yacoub shared a big red chair as if contemplating whether to turn around and join diva Aguilera and her Lady Gaga wig on stage.
2. Two artists hit the Top 10 on iTunes, allowing their votes to count ten-fold. That’s literally buying votes, but it ensured Team Blake’s Cassadee Pope and Team Adam’s Melanie Martinez would be around to sing another tune next week.
3. Aguilera’s new wig. Seriously, every time the show cut to her and her dark-tipped-for-no-reason bob, we had to smile. Despite kiiind of resembling a second set of eyebrows, reinvention is the best way to stay relevant, right?
4. Blake Shelton doesn’t know what “Gangnam Style” is. OK, maybe he was just messing with host Carson Daly a little by making him repeat the name of the song Pope’s rendition of “Over You” knocked out of No. 1 on the iTunes chart. But he’s such a busy and focused guy in general, we wouldn’t surprised if he’s just seen the dance, shaken his head at it, and not given it a second thought. It is pretty shocking that it’s anything more than a party trick, right?
6. Pope proved she is a born star when taking the stage with Rascal Flatts. Dare we say it? She out-shined Gary LeVox! Ten-fold.
7. The Voice teamed with Starbucks and social media to allow fans to choose a performance. The power truly went to the people tonight! Fans who tweeted throughout the show using special hashtags had the chance to vote for a special team duet either by Team Christina and Team Blake (“Hit Me With Your Best Shot”) or Team Adam and Team CeeLo (“I Want You To Want Me”). Your voices were heard; your Tweets were read; and #VoiceBestShot closed the show.
The Voice airs on Monday and Tuesday nights at 8 PM on NBC.
Did you agree with who America sent home this week on The Voice? Let us know in the comments below!
No changes are to be made to this player