'The Voice' Semi-Finals: 9 Things You Didn't See on TV
And then there were four.
Monday night’s semifinals of NBC’s The Voice were in a word… EPIC. It was all about the ballads as Cassadee Pope, Terry McDermott, Nicholas David and Trevin Hunte all brought the audience some amazing emotional performances. I won’t even venture a guess at who may be headed home on Tuesday night because it’s flat out impossible to choose between these four contenders. But a day from now, only three will be headed to the finals.
The semi-finals also featured the contestants heading home for a rollercoaster 24 hours or less with their families and friends as well as a performance by crooner Michael Buble and all of Team Blake.
Celebuzz snagged a seat in the audience for the amazing performance show to get all the scoop on the behind-the-scenes action that went down when the cameras weren’t rolling. Here’s nine things you didn’t get to see on TV:
1. Cassadee is soaking it up. Prior to the start of Monday’s episode, Ms. Pope could be seen signing autographs for the lucky crowd members in the pit. Despite limited time, she also took a picture with a very young fan in the press room after the show.Carson Daly is a fan of Michael Buble. When the crooner opened the show with a Christmas tune, the host was seen rocking out to the song off stage, clapping his hands along with the crowd.
3. Follow the rules. Prior to the show going live, the warm-up audience guy tells the crowd how they should act when filming begins. One big rule: Don’t yell out to your favorite coach when it’s quiet. So what happens when you do? A stern lecture. You may have heard an audience member shout, “I love you,” to Christina Aguilera within the hour. Well seconds later, he was taken away by an employee and given a talking to before returning to the pit.
4. A loose thread. Coach Adam Levine was looking mighty sharp in his blazer and tie on Monday but he was not without help getting his look together. During the first commercial break, I saw a seamstress stitching up his coat.
6. Fake snow is slippery. After Team Blake’s performance of “White Christmas,” Cassadee was helped off the stage very slowly by Blake and a production assistant so she wouldn’t slip on the snow before her performance. While it was funny to see, in and of itself, it was even funnier that she was the only member of the team actually helped.
7. Carson and Blake like to share. I can’t take full credit for this one, as a fellow member of the media clued me in but it seems Carson likes to take a swig of Blake’s drink a lot. Every week, he happens to head over to the country singer’s chair and drink from his cup.
9. Coaches take photos on their iPhones too. Levine and Cee Lo Green were seen taking a pic together with Green’s makeup artist at one point. Are stars really just like us and it was instagrammed? I haven’t found it yet, but we’ll see if it pops up somewhere on Monday.
The Voice airs Mondays and Tuesdays at 8 PM on NBC.
Whose performance did you like the best tonight? Which three singers are your picks for the finals? Sound off in the comments below!