‘The Voice’ Finale Results: Season 3’s Winner Is…
Contestants Cassadee Pope, Terry McDermott, and Nicholas David duked it out for the winning spot and the associated recording contract. Once again, iTunes played a big role in determining the winner of the reality show, with each download counting 10-fold.
Though a big winner was chosen, there were a ridiculous number of amazing performances on the two hour finale from the likes of Kelly Clarkson, Bruno Mars, Rihanna and The Killers. In addition, the finalists were each able to perform with one of their idols: Cassadee with Avril Lavigne, Terry with Peter Frampton and Nicholas with Smokey Robinson.
But enough of the show, let’s get to it, the winner of Season 3 is….
Note: Spoilers ahead if you haven’t seen the third season finale of The Voice.
It’s no surprise the pop rock singer won as she was charting with not one but two songs on the iTunes singles chart well into Monday night. “I’m feeling amazing, thank you for everyone who voted for me,” she told host Carson Daly after she was declared winner of The Voice. The singer then performed a beautiful rendition of her competition song, Faith Hill’s “Cry.” Pope’s win marks the second time a contestant on Blake Shelton’s team has taken the crown.
1. The coaches’ attire. Cee Lo Green gets the gold star for best outfit on the finale. Those white spiked football pads were fantastic. Not to be shown up on her birthday, Christina Aguilera also rocked some chains and pearls with her bobbed hair. Meanwhile, we loved Adam Levine’s bowtie… though didn’t he kind of look like a waiter?!
2. “Adam Levine is so much more than a pretty face.” The profile of the multitalented frontman of Maroon 5 was adorable and hilarious. Our favorite comments on Levine from the other coaches: Cee Lo – “I’ve seen this man play the spoons”; Blake – “He’s just incredibly talented and it drives me crazy”; And Christina – “Adam is kind of like that guy in Mary Poppins.”
3. The Heartbreakers take the stage. The male contestants who are easy on the eyes – MacKenzie Bourg, Dez Duron, Cody Belew, Julio Cesar Castillo, and Diego Val – performed Fountains of Wayne’s “Stacey’s Mom.” The set, the singing – it was adorable and ridiculous.
Blake Shelton is a big flirt. I’m loving these profiles of the coaches and Blake’s was hilarious. The country superstar “loves everybody” and says he’s very secure in himself. Count on Blake to always tell someone if they’re attractive and to be the funniest coach on the show.
5. Season 4 preview. This preview for next season’s The Voice featuring new coaches Shakira and Usher was hilarious and fantastic. “Total Eclipse Of The Heart” and Carson Daly in the next car over – I can’t wait to see what next season brings us.
6. Kelly Clarkson and Team Blake. I’m not ashamed to admit I love Clarkson. It was exciting to watch Cassadee perform with one of her idols. You could see how happy it made her to share the stage with Clarkson. And while Terry sounded a little under the weather during the performance, I enjoyed his part on “Catch My Breath” as well.
8. Santa Cee Lo and product placement. Each of the finalists were rewarded with a Kia car. The finalists were understandably excited by their prizes, but this whole segment was just insane and so funny. I’m going to really miss Cee Lo on the next season.
9. Nicholas brings back Amanda, Dez and Trevin for “End Of The Road.” This song took me all the way back to the sixth grade. I absolutely adore Boyz II Men and this song. Nicholas brought back the perfect contestants to bring the song to life and sounded fantastic during the performance.
10. Cee Lo’s clip package. Of course, we had to put Cee Lo’s clip package on the highlights. Adam referred to him as a combination between “Buddha and Issac Hayes.” Though our favorite part of the package was Cee Lo telling Christina he is also “a genie in a bottle,” but “a three liter bottle.”
Season 4 of The Voice premieres Mar. 25 on NBC.
Do you think the right finalist was chosen as the winner? Sound off in the comments below!
No changes are to be made to this player