‘Real Housewives of NYC’ Star Countess LuAnn de Lesseps Counts Down Her Top 10 Holiday Party Tips (EXCLUSIVE)
The hostess with the mostess is the queen of the perfect party on the hit Bravo reality show and with a popular book, Class with the Countess: How to Live with Elegance and Flair, she’s a entertaining expert — and she’s sharing her holiday party planning tips with Celebuzz.
“There is nowhere more romantic than spending the holidays in Paris with the one I love,” de Lesseps told Celebuzz.
“We will be spending time together and also with Jacques’ parents and family.”
1. Send a save the date in the mail or via email in advance so that you get on your friends’ calendars before they book up.
2. A written or printed invitation is always chic and should be sent in advance. You can also send a fun E-vite.
3. Remember to indicate how guests should RSVP, the time it begins, and let them know the dress code for the party.
4. Invite a variety of people, young and old, artists and businessmen so you have a mix of people from all walks of life.
1. Greet your guests at the door with a smile on your face and a glass of wine in your hand.
2. Introduce guests to each other and make sure you circulate the room sparking up conversations or telling a good joke or two when there is a lull in conversation.
3. For a cocktail party of two hours duration, plan on 10-12 pieces of hors d’oeuvres per person. If heavy hors d’oeuvres are replacing dinner, plan on 20 pieces per person. It is absolutely okay to serve frozen, but make sure you bake them first (and replate)!
4. Full bars are nice, but optional. Serve beer and wine and a signature cocktail, like margaritas or champagne cocktails depending on your budget.
1. All good parties must come to an end. To give your guests a gentle hint that it’s time to go, turn down the music and begin tidying up. Offer your guests an espresso or a nightcap. When all else fails, close the bar!
2. For guests who drink a bit too much, call a cab or offer them your guest room — or the couch.
No changes are to be made to this player
Which of the Countess’ tips do you already use? Weigh in below.