The E! reality star and actress has been very open about her hopes for a family and the challenges she has had to overcome in her love life. But, with Monday’s announcement that she’s pregnant with rapper Kanye West’s baby, she seems to have come out on the other side.
So, will the pregnancy play out on television?
An inside source tells THR that it’s probable the pregnancy will be captured by E! cameras, saying the network and the show’s production company, Ryan Seacrest Productions, “will continue to cover all aspects of Kim’s life as it always has.”
When Celebuzzasked show reps for production timing for Kourtney and Kim Take Miami and the next season of Keeping Up With the Kardashians, a network spokesperson told us, “We have no information yet on production calendars.”
When the pregnancy does make it to the small screen, what could possibly go down? Here are my predictions.
1. The announcement will be televised. If history repeats itself, then these big events will show up on E!. I predict it will be the cliffhanger at the end of the next season of Kourtney and Kim Take Miami, which returns Jan. 20.
2. Kimye shacking up? There’s no sign of an engagement ring yet, though Kimye may want to wait until the Kris Humphries (remember him? Barely) divorce is actually finalized. So, what they may opt to do is to move in with each other. While they both have homes in L.A., I’m thinking they’ll end up at Kim’s house since she has already filmed there. That should be interesting. She has been notoriously anal about its cleanliness on the show.
3. A daddy crash course for Kanye. Just as we’ve seen sister Kourtney’s boyfriend Scott Disickbecome a pseudo husband and dad on TV, we can probably get a good idea of how Kanye does in the role. That will be new for fans who have become used to his cameos at events, but haven’t really gotten to know him very well. Welcome to the family, Kanye!
4. Maternity fabulousness. If Kourtney’s maternity outfits are any indication, please believe that Kim will make sure to be dressed to the pregnant nines. And while she has been more open about going au naturale recently, it’ll be fun watching her keep it together while managing the rigors of pregnancy.
5. On-camera birth? Who can forget Kourtney reaching down and delivering her own baby… twice? Will Kim do the same? I sincerely doubt it, though I think there’s a good chance the birth will be shot in some way.
How do you think Kim’s pregnancy will play out on TV?
No changes are to be made to this player