7 Things to Know About Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's New Neighborhood
Kim Kardashian and Kanye West have reportedly splashed-out $11 million on a new mansion in the upscale enclave of Bel Air, in the hills of the Westside of the city of Los Angeles.
And the couple -- who are expecting their first baby this summer -- have chosen one of the most exclusive neighborhoods in America to raise a family.Before you take a peak inside in this gallery, click after the jump to learn what you didn't know about the affluent residential community.
Situated some 12 miles from downtown Los Angeles and surrounded by the beautiful foothills of Santa Monica, Bel Air is steeped in Hollywood history with both younger and older celebrities living there.
1. Bel Air has long been a favorite shoot location for both television and film – exterior scenes for The Beverly Hillbillies were filmed there in back in 1962 along with other scenes for Get Shorty and The Rockford Files.
2. It is the home to Jennifer Aniston, basketball player Chris Paul and Girls Gone Wild creator Joe Francis.
3. Former First Lady Nancy Reagan still lives in Bel Air – her late husband President Ronald Reagan lived in the house from his retirement in 1989 until his death in 2004.
4. The population of Bel Air is an estimated 8,253 and the median income is a massive $207,938 a year.
5. Multi-millionaire residents like to socialize and relax at both the exclusive Bel Air Country Club and the Bel Air Hotel.
6. Kim and Kanye will not have any shortage of schools to choose from for their first child - Bel Air boasts eight private schools.
7. A massive fire on November 6, 1961 hit the area, injuring 200 firemen, destroying 484 homes and causing over $30 million in damage – late stars Burt Lancaster and Zsa Zsa Gabor lost their homes in the historic blaze.