Why Josh Duhamel Is Perfect to Host the Kids’ Choice Awards
5 reasons the actor is the right man for the somewhat-slimy job.
Josh Duhamel ready to face the slime.
The Transformers star has been tapped to host the 26th Annual Kids' Choice Awards, which will honor kids' favorites in film, music, sports and television during its March 23 ceremony.
"We know he'll do what it takes to be a great host," Marjorie Cohn, executive producer of the show, said in a press release Wednesday. "We promise that this year will deliver the special, one-of-a-kind, surprise-filled slimefest for which our annual telecast is famous.”
Not only will his "secret plans" surely delight during the telecast, but Duhamel is destined to be a knock-out host.
1. He's a Kids' Choice veteran. Now only did Duhamel get a dose of green goo, but he was also crowned champ of the "Arm Fart Hall of Fame" during the 2011 show. "This is probably the highlight of my career," he told Access Hollywood following his win. "This is something I've always wanted to do since I was a kid, ya know." After being showered in slime, what did he think of the gloppy gunk? "It's sort of tasteless, to be honest," he said. "It's a little bit chilly. It's very green. It doesn't sting the eyes."
2. He lends his voice to Nickelodeon. Apart from starring in big-screen blockbusters, Duhamel has a flair for cartoons. From 2009 to 2012, the actor lent his voice to Nickelodeon's Emmy Award-winning animated series Faboy & Chum Chum.
3. He loves little ones. Tackling parenthood with Katherine Heigl in Life As We Know It, Duhamel cherished working with his on-screen daughter. "That to me was the best part about the movie," Duhamel said of working with triplets for the film. "What's more innocent than a 15-month-old kid?...They're about as pure as you can be." And in real life, Duhamel can't wait to start a family with wife of four years, pop star Fergie. "I want to have five boys," he told Redbook. "Like a little basketball team."
4. He's easy on the eyes. From Glamour to People, many magazines have named Duhamel as one of their sexiest men alive over the years.
5. He has plenty to promote. Not only is he set to hit theaters in three films — the star-studded comedy Movie 43, romantic drama Safe Haven and thriller Scenic Route — but Duhamel just kicked off production of his upcoming drama You're Not You, in which he will star alongside his New Year's Eve costar, Hilary Swank, and Emmy Rossum.
Do you think Duhamel will sink or swim at Kids' Choice host? Explain why in the comments below.