9 Behind-The-Scenes Secrets From ‘The Carrie Diaries’ Set
Of course, we even managed to pry a few behind-the-scenes details and hints on what ‘s to come this season — despite having a very protective publicist sitting with us. Here’s nine things we learned while visiting The Carrie Diaries set.
AnnaSophia Robb) and Sebastian (Austin Butler)…“The relationship is at that point where it can get so great,” Butler said. “But then there’s so much vulnerability that comes with that, so he puts up protection and it causes the relationship to not go so well. That goes back and forth but that doesn’t change how much they feel for each other.”
2. Does that mean Sebastian’s going to hook up with Donna? “There’s positive sides to both girls for Sebastian,” said Butler. “Donna is very carefree, not in his business, so it’s a very easy way to get his mind off of any troubles he has, just have fun without any strings attached. But with Carrie, there is a possibility of a much deeper relationship that’s more meaningful so I guess from my point of view Carrie is the better choice but it has a lot more possibility for pain.”
3. Is lil’ sis Dorrit going to get a boyfriend? “Yes!” enthused Owen. “There is something for Dorrit, something to look forward to in the later episodes. You have to stay tuned!”
4. The photo of Carrie and Dorrit on Carrie’s bedside table is photoshopped right? Actually no! “I’ve known AnnaSophia since I was seven,” explained Owen. “My older sister Carly was in Bridge to Terabithia with AnnaSophia. It was filmed in New Zealand [where Owen lives]. We gave the producers pictures of us when we were little and they used them for the set!”
Brendan Dooling ( who plays Walt) try out for any other part?Yes! He auditioned to play Sebastian Kydd. “I don’t have the hair for Sebastian,” Dooling joked. “That’s what I keep telling people. Austin’s got the bad boy hair. He really knows how to make that James Dean coif work. I’m happy that I’m playing Walt.”
6. Are Donna LaDonna [Chloe Bridges] and Carrie going to remain steadfast enemies? “It starts off as enemies, me giving her trouble but I think it develops into frenemies,” ” Bridges explained. “I’ll just say that there are sides to Donna that come out later that aren’t as evil as she originally seems. Their relationship is certainly a relationship that changes.”
7. Does Bridges have an inspiration when playing mean girl Donna LaDonna? “Regina George obviously,” she exclaimed. “When I play a mean character, people ask me if I draw inspiration from an actual bully in my life and I tell them that probably all of my influences were TV and movie characters. Whether I mean to or not, there’s probably a little Blair Waldorf and Regina George in my performance.”
Katie Findlay, who plays Maggie. “I think that both of them don’t quite know what they want out of love and intimacy and unfortunately they are stuck in each other’s crossfire.”
9. How’s that affair going to end up for Maggie? Without revealing any details, Findlay did say succinctly, “Everything goes belly up.”
The Carrie Diaries airs Mondays at 8PM on The CW.
Which piece of dish surprises you the most?
No changes are to be made to this player