9 Things To Expect On The CW’s ‘Arrow’
The cast, who have yet to film the season finale flew out from Vancouver, was joined by executive producers Greg Berlanti, March Guggenheim, and Andrew Kreisberg.
Stephen Amell, stole the night with his funny one-liners and informative tidbits on what it’s like to play playboy-turned-superhero Oliver Queen.
The night which focused on how the show made it to air, as well as where it stood in the DC Comics universe had fans itching to know how closely the producers planned to stick to the route of the comics. And there was plenty to be said. With an explosive midseason finale, and an even crazier episode on February 27, Amell assured us that the best has yet to come.
Here’s a run through of all the gasp-inducing moments coming our way, which will lead to a jaw dropping season finale.
1. No good deed goes unpunished. Arrow saved Malcom Merylin (John Barrowman) from drying a tragic death on last week’s episode. And he had to reveal himself to do so. “Things are going to get really complicated. It’s not going to be easy at all.” Amell said about Tommy (Colin Donnell) finding out his bestfriend is Arrow.
2. Colton Haynes in red. Two episodes back, Haynes was introduced to Starling City with an unpleasant run-in with Thea Queen (Willa Holland) as Roy Harper. Harper is known in the DC Comics universe as Green Arrow’s teenage sidekick. Berlanti hinted to Celebuzz what’s in store for the former teen wolf. “We’ve got a pretty exciting storyline coming up for him. When he meets the Arrow for the first time,” he said. “That changes his character a lot.”
Amell wasted no time agreeing. “Roy and My character have a run in soon. My encounter with him as arrow changes things,” he said, with a smirk on his face.
3. Colton’s fate: a quick stop or in for the long haul? Like many before, villains on Arrow tend to come and go, sometimes even in the span of a single episode. Fans are hoping Haynes’ demise doesn’t come soon. “We love Colton. He’s so great, but it’s pilot season and that complicated things,” said EP Guggenheim. “There are things that are out of our control. But, I hope Colton will be with us as much as we want to have him.”
4. Arrow’s identity is not so secret anymore. What’s the fallout from Tommy finding out his bestfriend Oliver is in fact Arrow? With a revelation of this size and so early on in the series, can we expect it to happen again? Amell’s answer alone was another dropped bomb. “I think there’s a possibility that another person will know before the end of the season,” the 31-year old actor told us.
6. More revealing flashbacks. The series began expanding on the significance of the flashbacks a handful of episodes into the season. And although things stayed within the confines of the island, this might change. Amell, who said doing the flashback scenes were his favorite part of the show, gave us some insight, “We have a very interesting flashback three or four episodes from now. We also have a way back flashback coming.” Who’s excited to see a pre-righteous Oliver Queen?
7. Arrow venturing out of Starling City. Even though we’ve seen Arrow speak in different tongues, we haven’t seen him outside of Starling City. A fan asked if we could expect that to change. EP Kreisberg gave us hope. “He’s going to make a trip to Bloodhaven. There’s always that. There’s two cities we probably will never go to, won’t say which those are. But, there’s always a possibility that Oliver will travel all over the world on the show. Even if we never leave Vancouver,” he told a theater full of Arrow fans.
Someone good this way comes. Lastly, producers teased a very exiting guest star without spoiling too much. “We have a very popular star coming up, from a very popular genre show,” Kreisberg hinted.
Who do you think this mystery guest star is? What are you looking forward to most?
It’s a love-fest. Annie Ilonzeh talks working with Katie Cassidy on Arrow. Watch below.
No changes are to be made to this player