He's Out Of ICU
Lil Wayne had been in the ICU since last Wednesday
UPDATE 9:02 PM PST: Lil Wayne has been released from Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles within the last hour, according to TMZ. After six days in the hospital the rapper was moved out of the Intensive Care Unit Monday afternoon.
Wayne spent 6 days in the hospital -- most of it in the Intensive Care Unit -- after suffering what appears to be a drug OD that triggered a series of massive seizures.
Lil Wayne has been moved out of the Intensive Care Unit at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles and is said to be resting comfortably.
Doctors have determined the 30-year-old, whose real name is Dwayne Michael Carter Jr., is in a stable condition, according to TMZ.
"Wayne has been moved into a 'regular room' at the hospital and no longer needs intense, round-the-clock treatment after a suspected codeine overdose last week," the site reported.
Sources told the website that Wayne is walking around the hospital floor on his own and eating.
He "could even be discharged from the hospital in the near future," the site reported.
As Celebuzz previously reported, Lil Wayne was admitted to Cedars-Sinai and was released on Wednesday, but readmitted a few hours later after his bodyguard found him unconscious on the floor of his room.
Hours after the news broke, his record label, Young Money Entertainment, issued a statement.Celebuzz.
CNN reports that a friend said Saturday night after visiting him: "He's good, just resting."