2013 Album Anticipation Showdown: Are You Ready for a New Eminem Record?
Is Eminem‘s forthcoming untitled project the 2013 album you’re anticipating most? Let us know by voting below. Return each day this week for a new feature on one of our most anticipated albums. Next week, we’ll open up voting for forthcoming female albums we’re excited to hear.
Vote now for your most anticipated male album of 2013. After the poll, read on to find out why we’re excited for Eminem’s first new album since 2010!
Guess who’s back, back again? Shady’s back, tell a friend! That’s right, boys and girls, Marshall Mathers is dropping a new album. Though we don’t know the exact date or title of this release, we know it’s a highly anticipated album because, well, it’s Eminem. And just to prove how big he is, we thought we’d share a little tidbit of information: He’s the second most followed celebrity on Facebook, beating out Michael Jackson, Lady Gaga and even Justin Bieber. (He’s barely trailing Rihanna, who surpassed him only a few months ago.)
Without further delay…
Our Top Five Reasons to Be Excited for Eminem’s 2013 Album
1) He currently holds the title as the King of Hip Hop. According to Rolling Stone, Eminem ranks 82nd on its list of “The 100 Greatest Artists of All Time” (key words: of all time). He’s achieved ten No.1 albums on the Billboard 200 and sold more than 100 million records worldwide. Eminem ranks among top rap artists including: Jay-Z, Biggie, Tupac and Nas. Sure, he had an album flop (as every artist does) with Relapse, but his comeback with Recovery proved he’s not finished in the game yet. Needless to say, we can anticipate this album ranking with some of his best.
2) He’s the best rapper alive. Now, he may not be a college grad, but Slim Shady is a lyrical genius, creating rhymes with more metaphors, similes, underlying themes and messages than any paper you’ve ever written in your entire life. The guy raps with a vigor no one has ever seen before and spins lyrics together that are unheard of and untouched by any other rapper. He practically spits venom from his mouth as he unleashes a range of emotions in each of his stories that we call raps. You simply can’t compare any other artist or their work to him and his unique style of writing.
3) He always collaborates with the best. Remember Love the Way You Lie featuring Rihanna? Probably, since it remained a No.1 hit on the Billboard 200 for SEVEN WEEKS. Not to mention, he’s also worked with other top artists including: Dr. Dre, Jay-Z, Biggie, Lil Wayne, T.I., Drake, Akon and more. You can guarantee this album will feature more names to add to that already-impressive list.
4) There will undoubtedly be confrontation. As always with Slim Shady, he raps about the truth and never holds back. A lot of people hate him for this, but that’s why we love him. He’s real (hence… the real Slim Shady). Whether it’s about Mariah Carey, Christina Aguilera, Britney Spears, American politics, presidents, the FCC or whoever and whatever he lays his rap on, Eminem will have something to say to someone, and we look forward to hearing it.
5) He gave us a taste of what’s to come. And we like it.
Don’t forget to vote for your most anticipated male album above. Return each day this week for a feature on each of the participating albums!
Previously featured on our list of Anticipated Albums of 2013:
[Top image via Billboard]