2013 Album Anticipation Showdown: Five Reasons Why Beyoncé’s New Record Will Slay
Is Beyoncé‘s forthcoming untitled project the 2013 album you’re anticipating most? Let us know by voting below. Return each day this week for a new feature on one of our most anticipated albums. Last week, Eminem won the title of Most Anticipated Male Album. This week’s winner will face off against Eminem next week.
Vote now for your most anticipated female album of 2013. After the poll, read on to find out why we’re excited for Beyoncé’s upcoming release!
1) Let’s explore the facts. Beyoncé has 17 Grammy awards. In fact, the Wikipedia page listing Beyoncé’s many awards and nominations is longer than most people’s entire biographies. Where does that leave your fav? All of her albums have sold at least one million copies in the U.S. alone, and most have them are multiplatinum. Haters still hating? OK, how about this: Destiny’s Child is one of the most successful girl group of all time with more than 60 million records sold. *Kanye voice* ALL TIME! Still not convinced? Her Twitter account has more than nine million followers, and she’s only tweeted five times. Surely you “get it” now? No? Then how about this: Legends like Aretha Franklin, Tina Turner, Prince, Barbara Streisand, Diana Ross, Mariah Carey, and more have been humbled as they worshipped at the altar of Beysus. You with me? One last parting shot: Beyoncé and Jay-Z‘s combined net worth is estimated at over ONE BILLION DOLLARS!
2) Now that we’re all on the same page, let’s get down to business. Queen Bey has a new album coming out this year. We don’t know when. We don’t know what it will be called. But we know it will be good. How? Because it’s Beyoncé. And because the little tastes we’ve been given are promising:
MORE LIKE THAT, PLEASE!
Awwww yessssss, Bey, take us away to that tropical island. *Sips a piña colada*
#BowDown. Yes, you.
3) We know a few other things about the project, too. (We also have some dreams.) She’s already collaborated with The-Dream, Pharrell, Timbaland, and Justin Timberlake. If rumors are to be believed (and dreams do come true), there is the possibility that Lady Gaga and Azealia Banks could make appearances. And, naturally, her hubby may very well drop a guest verse or two, which is always cause for celebration.
4) Waiting sucks, but at least we have The Mrs. Carter World Tour to hold us over. Beyoncé has always been an incredible live performer, and her current sold-out tour isn’t doing anything to tarnish her reputation as such. Fans thirsty for new Bey music are in luck, as she has taken to performing some of her new material on the road. And if the energy she brings to this album is anything like the energy she brings to the stage, all signs point to #AnotherClassicForQueenBey.
5) It’s Beyoncé. She’s been slayin’ ur favs since 1996, and that’s a fact. Though it may seem cruel that she hasn’t yet confirmed any details about the album, that only makes us want it more. Eventually we’ll get our hands on it, and we know it will be worth the wait. She’s a perfectionist, and we’d rather her deliver a masterpiece at her own pace than release a half-baked collection of songs just because fans want new music. We’re OK being patient. For now…
In the meantime… *dances around to “Grown Woman”*
Don’t forget to vote for your most anticipated female album above. Return each day this week for a feature on each of the participating albums!
Previously featured on our list of Anticipated Albums of 2013:
Eminem – TBD (WINNER of Most Anticipated Male Album)